ADVENTIST FRONTIER MISSIONS (AFM) is seeking an AFM Center Facilities Assistant Manager to contribute to the establishment of SDA church planting movements among unreached people groups by providing day-to-day management of the AFM Training Facility. The AFM Center Facilities Assistant Manager ensures that a safe, secure, and clean environment is maintained in all buildings and outside grounds of the AFM Center while providing services to renters in a prompt and courteous manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages reservation process for use of AFM Center
• Shows, rents, and assigns accommodations
• Prepares accommodations for rentals
• Checks guests in and out of accommodation
• Collects rent and brings monies to Finance department for deposit. Records data pertaining to funds and expenditures
• Enforces AFM rental guidelines and policies
• Oversees use of AFM Center
• Assists with set up and proper use of equipment needed by renters
• Deals with renter concerns
• Ensures facility is clean after rental, which may include laundering used linens, vacuuming, polishing floors, sanitizing bathrooms, and stacking chairs
• Purchases supplies and arranges for outside services
• Creates and posts appropriate signage for proper use and cleaning of facility
• Ensures security of doors and windows. Programming of opening and closing of the Morgan Hall doors before and after the event.
• Performs minor maintenance including, but not limited to, snow removal from entrance walkways, salting and/or sanding, window washing, care of landscaping (raking, weeding, cleaning up tree limbs, etc.)
• Prepares reports of facility usage, accidents, equipment services, and water testing results
• Maintains inventory of furniture, appliances, linens, kitchen/dining items, etc.
• Maintains inventory of cleaning supplies
• Cooperates in organizing and sharing responsibilities with the lead of the AFM Center Facilities Manager.
• Ministers in a practical way to colleagues, the unreached and other stakeholders where necessary and possible.
• Undertakes other business-related duties as assigned by the AFM Treasurer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be a high school graduate, take initiative, be able to work without supervision, and possess good organization and communication skills. Must also be a team player, present a professional demeanor, display a spirit of helpfulness, and work well with others. General maintenance skills necessary.
Must be eligible to work in the United States. Has an expressed commitment to Jesus Christ and the 28 Fundamental Beliefs, official statements and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and be an SDA church member in regular standing. Upholds the beliefs and lifestyle of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, affirms in word, models in deed and teaches explicitly and / or implicitly the AFM Statement of Faith.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms. Must be able to climb steps and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but some machines and tools can be loud.
This full-time position is currently open.
If you believe God may be calling you to serve in this capacity, please submit your cover letter and résumé to the HR Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, rather than using our standard missionary application, please submit your materials via the email listed above.