The goal of Career Mission Training is to prepare you live and serve as an effective cross-cultural church planter. Classes that have pre-training requirements are highlighted in blue. Click on the links to find and complete your assignments.
You have two kinds of reading assignments. You will complete thought questions for and . The rest will submit a report that simply states that you have read the book.
Live Biblically and Think Missiologically
- Intro to Inductive Bible Study
- Principles of Hermeneutics
- “Philosophy and Theology of Mission”:”/afm-training/career-missionary-registration/second-step-training-prerequisites/philosophy-and-theology-of-mission/
- “ Intro to World Religions”:/afm-training/career-missionary-registration/second-step-training-prerequisites/intro-to-world-religions/
Experience deeper personal transformation
Catalyze Cross-Cultural Disciple Making Movements
Lead as Servants in Functional Teams
- Family Issues in Mission
- Basic Medical Care and Mission
- Crucial Conversations
- Missionary Safety and Security
- Language and Culture Acquisition
Function as Employees and Volunteers with AFM
- Strategic Planning
- Human Resources
- AFM Policy and Finance
- Orientation to Writing
There are several skills that you will need to master that you can begin working on now. For your practicum please work through this list of critical skills.