ADVENTIST FRONTIER MISSIONS (AFM) IS SEEKING A FULL-TIME DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT. The Development Administrative Assistant contributes to establishing SDA church-planting movements among unreached people groups by providing reports and analytics from the donor database and performing clerical tasks for the Development Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Executes requested Development reports, mailings, and donor tracks
• Manages first-time donor communication
o First-time donor weekly report
o Thank-you calls or mailings
• Coordinates “welcome packet” mailing to new subscribers
• Creates tracking package in database for appeals (Mid-year, Year-end)
• Develops queries, runs reports, edits excel files, and performs mail merges
• Participates in department team meetings to discuss overall fundraising strategies, planning, and budgeting
• Assists in data entry for the department
• Manages a filing system for Development records
• Schedules speaking engagements for furloughing missionaries (for missionaries who want this service), updates online list if requested, and documents appointments on development records
• Maintains a list of supporting churches/missionaries
• Inventories missionary/development fundraising materials
• Records memorial/honor gifts for magazine publication
• Coordinates donor receptions – responsibilities include: queries, invitations, flyers, and programs
• Trains/introduces VMCs to TNT and assists missionaries in resolving problems
• Contributes to the implementation and maintenance of a social media plan
• Ministers in a practical way to colleagues, the unreached, and other stakeholders where necessary and possible
• Performs other duties as directed by Development Director
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Special Requirements: Must have an expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the 28 Fundamental Beliefs, official statements and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and be an SDA church member in regular standing. Upholds the beliefs and lifestyle of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, affirms in word, models in deed and teaches explicitly and / or implicitly the AFM Statement of Faith.
Qualifications: Must be able to take the initiative and work without supervision. Possess good people skills, be a team player, present a professional demeanor, display a spirit of helpfulness, and work well with others. Other qualifications include a minimum of an associate’s degree or equivalent in a related field or one year of related experience and/or training. Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Demonstrate a general knowledge of office equipment and have strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, and the Internet. Be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully and accurately. Must possess good organizational skills and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Must be willing to grow professionally, to learn new systems and procedures.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone, and other office equipment. Requires a normal range of hearing and vision.
Working Conditions: Essential tasks are performed under normal office conditions with little or no noticeable discomfort. Work area is well lighted and ventilated but is enclosed and secure.
If you believe God may be calling you to serve in this capacity, please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
Rather than using our missionary application link below, please submit your materials via email listed above.
Get Started and Apply Now!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about this opportunity or to ask any questions about service that you might have.