FRONTIER PRAYER GUIDE
The following ideas will kickstart your daily prayer time for the unreached.
- Imagine trying to learn an unwritten language. Imagine seeking to understand the intricacies of a culture that is far removed from your own.
- Pray for perseverance, alertness and diligence. Pray for confidence in God to overcome all obstacles. Pray too for clear communication of the gospel in the unreached people's language in a culturally relevant manner.
- Imagine living in a frontier location where you are dependent on other co-workers to purchase your supplies, do your banking, pay your bills and care for a myriad other needs.
- Praise the Lord for missionaries who perform nitty-gritty jobs that allow their co-workers to pursue church planting in a frontier setting.
- Pray for teamwork and the confidence that each person is integral to seeing unreached people come to know Christ.
- Imagine educating your children while living in a different culture. Home-schooling: Pray for balance, patience, diligence and the necessary supplies for those who home-school their children.
Boarding school: Pray for teachers and boarding home parents who are committed to loving and educating missionaries' children in a missionary school setting. Pray for each student's spiritual, intellectual and physical growth to honor God.
- Imagine meeting personal needs at many different levels. Imagine unreached people needing medical attention from you. Imagine your family needing care and help. Imagine missing the fellowship of your church back home, and the special relationships with friends and family. Imagine feeling the impact of spiritual darkness all around.
- Pray for missionaries to make time for spiritual refreshment and physical relaxation. To choose what's best over what's good, since there are more needs than the ability to meet them. For no root of bitterness to grow between family members or co-workers. For joy in the Lord, regardless of circumstances. For spiritual breakthroughs. For the vision to stay fresh of seeing unreached people come to know Christ as Savior and go on to maturity.
- Imagine praying for AFM missionaries regularly.
- You'll experience God's power and get to know Him better. By doing battle for the souls of unreached people and requesting spiritual fitness for those who minister to them, you'll affect people's lives for eternity.